Tuesday, May 12, 2009

i have a bad case of...

...SPEAKING DYSLEXIA!!!
You know when you get your words mixed up and they come out all wrong? Well, that happens to me all the time! Yesterday I was talking to my mom on the phone and I was trying to say that I would get it all done in one fell swoop, but it came out backwards as "ONE SWELL FOOP!" Then today I was looking at my sister's books and she was telling me about her Shakespeare book, and I said that I had a complete works of "SPAKESPEARE" book! The funniest one yet is one time I was trying to tell the above mentioned sister something about tall, dark and handsome people (I REALLY don't remember what in the world we were talking about!), and tall, dark, and handsome came out as "CHARK DAHL". It's rather frustrating to have the aforementioned disease, but at least it makes us laugh!!

BTW, did you know that people who have dyslexia (and have sort of overcome it) are really fast readers? I have a slight case of it and can read books really fast... BUT, my brother (who had a little more severe case) is the fastest reader in the world! He swallows books whole! Alas, the only downfall is that when you're reading out loud (or trying to speak sensibly) it comes out all screwy and backwards!! Have a terrific Tuesday!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, my favorite one is "CHARK DAHL". But it is really fun having someone else who does that too. :D
    You're great!!!

    ReplyDelete