Thursday, June 4, 2009

our prayers are answered!!!!! :)

Well, I probably had a couple of people (if anyone reads this blog) wondering what in the world had happened to us with the previous post of "please pray for us!". Yesterday we finally got our answer and all is well!!!

When our first goat had her c-section, we had her blood drawn to test and see if she had CAE (CAPRINE ARTHRITIS ENCEPHALITIS - a goat disease they can die from). We took the other goats in later to have them tested as well, and a couple of days later we got a call from the vet... He didn't tell us if they had CAE, but he told us that all of their results had come back positive for BRUCELLOSIS, and a USDA person was coming to our house to give them all another test. Our state is free from this disease (commonly referred to as BANG'S disease) and we certainly didn't want to be the ones that brought it here.

What happens with Bang's disease is that you have to slaughter your entire herd of animals, and the really horrible thing is that it can be transmitted to humans and it is an incurable disease!!!!!
We have a lot of money put into our 11 goats, and we are certainly attached to them, we were all heartbroken when we heard the news, and started praying super hard!!!

I really didn't want to end up killing them, and I REALLY didn't want to end up with a incurable disease right before I left on my mission...
like I said before... I don't that I've ever prayed harder in my life!! Well, we just got our test results back yesterday, and they were all negative!!!!! I learned a very valuable lesson through this: when we doubt, faith leaves... but when we push doubt out and allow faith to rule our actions... MIRACLES CAN HAPPEN!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am ever so glad that the tests are negative!! What a MIRACLE!!!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! I'm very grateful that everything turned out okay..what a blessing!
    Love Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! You guys are just full of adventures...from c-sections to poison milk to swarming bees. Glad we're not the only ones whose life isn't boring...try falling off a truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord... that must have been quite nerve racking!

    ReplyDelete