Monday, January 12, 2009

new year's resolutions


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Sorry I'm posting these late... I started school last week and I have one humdinger of a schedule!! I also made a huge life changing decision that has made me have a really hard week! Anyway, here are my new year's resolutions for 2009! I usually set resolutions, but I haven't always been so good at keeping them! I'm doing a lot of praying and working on these, and I hope that I can see improvement over the year! I'll be posting a little about each resolution, why I decided on a particular resolution, and a little bit about what I'm learning, or seeing happening in myself.

2009 New Year's Resolutions

* be cheerful and pleasant all the time. Smile when I don't feel like it.
* stop procrastinating, made realistic to-do lists. Use time wisely.
* be grateful. write daily in my Gratitude Journal and see the Lord's hand in everything!
* no criticizing others or their actions.
* learn to LOVE unconditionally.
* go to bed at 9-10 and wake up at 5.
* do morning routine (exercise, scripture study, room check, etc.)
* don't take long in the bathroom! (15 min. in morning, 5-10 min. at night)
* don't pick at my lips or sores (gross I know, but it's a nervous habit!)
* don't complain! Learn to be happy NO MATTER WHAT!
* get rid of angry heart.
* read entire standard works (bible, triple combination)
* be sure to pray at least twice a day.
* read scriptures and write in journal everyday!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Alex, that's so cool! I'm so proud of your dedication and faith in the Lord. I really look up to you!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I will be praying for you, and your dedication to the goals you have.
    Sarah (little Woman)
    www.homesteadblogger.com/littlewoman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm sure that you will accomplish all your goals and more as you are an absolutely amazing person. Good luck in your life and keep being strong. I know you can make it!
    Love Ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo Alex...that is quite the list! Remember, those who are perfect have no reason to stay on earth. ;) I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete