Thursday, March 26, 2009

whew...

what a busy week, but a good one too! So much has happened since I got my call... I've pretty much been busy every moment!!

School is almost over for this semester, and that's hard to believe! The past two weeks I've had a test (or 2) in pretty much every class, and I can feel the momentum building towards finals. There really aren't enough hours in a day to get all my studying, teaching and practicing done. Today in piano lessons my teacher actually told me that I did a good job, something he's never done! For him to say "that was 100% better" and "you'll have to play this for people, you're great at it!" just about knocked me over!!

Oh, and yesterday relief flooded over me as I finally sold my 2 angora rabbits. I put an add online Saturday evening, and Sunday I had two people call me! I took down the price quite a bit, but it's so good to know that they are in good hands... much better hands than mine! Just before their new owner came to pick them up I spent a good hour cleaning them up, talk about DIS-GUS-TING! I think the male rabbit (Knightly) lost about 5 pounds after I cut off all the matted, poopy, wet hair. EEWW! Anyway, I'll spare you the details.

I also had a fabulous birthday and turned 21! I'm officially legal now. I've never had this happen before on a birthday, but I definitely feel older, in fact, I feel ANCIENT!! For my birthday I just got money so I could buy the things I need for my mission, and that certainly is a LOT! I have to have 2-3 suit coats, and I just about died when I looked them up online. There is no way that I'm going to pay $200 for each one! SO, I went to the local thrift store and the Wal-Mart and found two... both in superb condition and together for less than $20! Heavenly Father is EXTREMELY good to those that seek to do His will! Even though life is full to the brim and super busy, I just love being alive!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your piano teacher was nice. That is just so great!!!!
    And I'm glad that you had a wonderful birthday!!
    You are terrific!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK....You feel old? Better not say that around me! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When was your birthday??? Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Alex! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!! Sorry it's a bit late...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was me by the way. Beth. Sorry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like everything is working out great. I was dating JD when he got his mission call, his life completely fell apart that week. He had struggled so hard with the choice to go, and I think it was just a final test. I hope that doesn't happen to you. I know a great photographer who does mission pictures for $15. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Alex, I forgot to tell you in the email, so

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
    I hope you had a AWESOME day:) Love Whitney

    ReplyDelete