Wednesday, March 4, 2009

today I didn't have to teach piano, so I was watching T.V. with my little brother and I just fell in love with this song... don't ask me why, maybe it has something to do with all the neat words at the end. Anyhow, it has a catchy tune and I really like the ending. Today they taught the word "accomplices (an associate in wrongdoing, especially one who aids or abets another in a criminal act, either as a principal or an accessory.)" and it fit rather nicely in a conversation I had with a sister today. Perfect timing!! At the end of this post (after the words to the song) there is a list of words that Martha says, I didn't write up all of them since a lot of them are common, but the other ones aren't, and I think they are pretty cool!!!



Hear her speak! Martha speaks and speaks and speaks and speaks and...
"Communicates, enumerates, elucidates, exaggerates, indicates, and explicates,
bloviates, and overstates and (pant, pant, pant) hyperventilates!"

ENUMERATES - To count off or name one by one; list
ELUCIDATES - To make clear or plain, by explanation; clarify
EXPLICATES - To make clear the meaning of; explain
BLOVIATES - To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner

1 comment: