Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a stupendous saturday

On Saturday we had some friends over for sledding, games, milking goats, and a delicious dinner! They are SO much fun to be around and even though I've only been with them 4 times, I think they are one of the "bestest" families around! They have 8 wonderful children, and 2 fabulous parents and the more I get to know them, the more I like them!

Milking - the people in the back were standing around a heater to stay warm!

Lindsay (in pink) milking. She kept milking and milking and actually milked 2 goats!

Loren milking for the first time

Some of the girls sledding, don't they look warm??

Finally at the bottom of the HUGE hill!

It's kind of a funny story how we actually met them... I met their second oldest son (Loren) at school and in the process of becoming good friends with him, I asked if he and his family wanted to come over to play games. Well... to make a long story short, this is the third time we've been together as families since December! I can't believe that we have actually done that because we usually only do it once and then just talk about it, but that's not the case with this family! We all have such a good time together and get along remarkably well.

Loren actually leaves for a mission TOMORROW! I'm so glad I got to meet him, and I'm sure that he will be an amazing missionary and do a wonderful work for the Lord!!

4 comments:

  1. It was such a fun weekend. I hope we get together soon.
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,
    Looks like you all had a wonderful time. :)
    Love the look of your blog - simply lovely.
    God bless you & your precious family,
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the best weekend ever
    nice to see you posted.
    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great day! We enjoyed every minute and hope to do it again! Thanks also for the balloon balls. You are so thoughtful. It was good to see you at the Religion in Life today. You guys are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete