Wednesday, December 31, 2008

do you trust me?

Recently I've been having a hard time with different things, one of them being totally trusting God with my entire life. Whenever I trust Him, life turns out so much better, but it's hard to let go of control! I wrote this poem this afternoon when I was having a quiet moment in my bedroom. This was an answer to prayer and I felt as if my Heavenly Father was talking directly to me!!

DO YOU TRUST ME?

“Daughter do you trust Me?” came the call from Heaven above.


Thoughtfully I answered with a sobbing, tear-filled cry,

“In Thee I’ll trust Dear Father, though I know not where I’ll go”


Lovingly He told me with a heart brimming full of love

“I will take thee through some sorrows, some hardships and some pains.


You’ll wonder why it hurts when I’m meant to take all pain away.

Your heart will nearly break, and you may think to choose another way.


But keep trusting my dear daughter, and some day you’ll truly see

How much I was there beside you, guiding steps, healing hearts, wiping tears and raising hopes.


Keep trusting in me daughter, one day your heart will soar

As your prayers and hopes are answered as you’d always hoped, plus more!


Keep trusting in my wisdom; use my strength from day to day,

Let me lead you to new heights in a closer walk with Me!”

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the poem...can I use it for YW's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem that is just so touching.
    I remember this, the day He said it to me. As I sit here and ponder on it He is asking me
    again. My answer... YES! with all my heart!
    Thank you for writing and sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete