Monday, December 15, 2008

every day zeal

every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending

I choose every day as the title for my blog because I love having every single day as the opportunity to be alive, to do great things, to learn, to love and to live a life full of zeal!

zeal... what exactly does that mean? In the 1828 Noah Webster Dictionary, zeal is described as "an eagerness of desire to accomplish or obtain some object." In a more recent dictionary, it is described as "enthusiastic devotion to a cause, an ideal, or a goal and tireless diligence in its furtherance". For a long while, zeal has been one of my favorite words...

a zealous life... is the life that I strive to live! Have you ever had the feeling of being on fire about something? There are so many things that I have zeal for. I absolutely LOVE being alive! There is no use in living a half-hearted life... only one full to the brim with everything good! I have such a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ! I'm so glad I know of God's love for me... THAT fills my heart with fire!

On this blog I hope to share with you some of my zeal for life! Here is a little bit about me and some of the things that I have zeal for...

* I love music and am going into Music Therapy... I'm loving every busy moment of it! My main instrument is piano, but I'm also learning guitar and taking voice lessons (a lifelong dream!).

* I love my fabulous family! I am the second oldest of a bunch of kids... and it's lots of fun to have so many people around, there is never a dull moment at my house! One of the benefits is that I can study pretty much anywhere, in fact I can't study much at the library as it's so quiet!

* I love animals and farming... sometimes I wish I were born in the 1800's and were a pioneer! We have a small parcel of land and have rabbits, bees, chickens, milk goats and a dog. We had some beef cows until just a couple of weeks ago... :)

* I love cooking and homemaking of any sort. Call me weird (many people do) but I love doing laundry and when I'm not studying or teaching piano, I'm using getting some laundry started.

* One of the things I have the most zeal for is helping girls love being girls! I helped with a girls group for awhile and loved teaching them different things... one of my lifetime goals is to write a book for girls/women. More about that later!

* Last but definitely not least... I LOVE children! I hope to have a minimum of 12 children someday and love reading about different ways of parenting. Keeping that in mind helps keep me mostly patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment