Wednesday, December 31, 2008

introducing... wordy wednesday!

One of the things that I love most is WORDS! It's a common joke in the family that I'm a walking dictionary (which is so not true :). I think that we don't use words as much as we should... most people have an extremely limited vocabulary and use words that don't make sense in that context.

When I was still in school, one of the things that I loved most about being homeschooled was being read to. Even when I was in high-school (and even now) I loved to listen to my mom read a good book out loud! When we would come to a word that we didn't know (as long as it wasn't a tense part :) we would pull out our trusty dictionaries and look it up. Some of my favorite words came from "Peter Pan", which is SUCH a good book!

Anyway, I would like to start spotlighting a word every Wednesday... some of these words may not be words that we would use in a normal sentence but they are neat anyway! To start off (the very soon to be new year), here is a word that we should think about when we decide what we want to do with our time.

PICAYUNE

Pic-a-yune

Of little value or importance, something trivial

p.s. speaking of doing things of little value or importance, this really is my last post for today! I haven't been feeling very good today, and it doesn't hurt to be on the computer. Thus all the posts. But it really is PICAYUNE!!

1 comment:

  1. Picayune is a town near where I live as well as your defination.:0) How funny that it means that. This town has a Walmart when the 2 of the 3 little towns we are in the middle of don't. And one of them definately is picayune and is in sad shape. Its one of those small dieing towns sad really its cute.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Its great your a homeschool graduate sometimes I wonder why I decided to homeschool but most of the time I know why I did. I love being with my kids.
    Stop by anytime I really like your blog!
    Erika@pioneerhomemaker

    ReplyDelete