Wednesday, December 31, 2008

my favorite christmas decoration

Today we are taking down Christmas decorations. It always makes me sad to see them taken down. There is always a year full of adventures before we get to see them again!

This is my most favorite decoration of all time. It is a Willow Tree nativity that we have slowly gotten as it costs so much! Mary, Joseph, and the Shepherd along with the creche were given to us by my aunt and uncle a couple of years ago. My uncle actually hand carved the entire creche, isn't it beautiful!? Then last year the kids all saved up and bought the wise men for my mom.

This nativity sits on top of my piano, so I look at it often as I practice and teach piano... I love looking at it as it reminds me of the sacred importance of Christmas and HIS birth!

I hope that 2009 will be a year full of remembering Christ in everything that I do!

1 comment:

  1. I love that nativity!! It's so simple, yet beautiful.

    Hope you have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete